Event Category: Tours
Upcoming Dates:Wednesday, July 4, 2018 @ 10:00 AMFriday, July 27, 2018 @ 10:00 AMWednesday, August 22, 2018 @ 6:00 PM
Buffalo’s streets and public spaces are dynamic with a variety of histories, architectural styles, and uses. Gates Circle is an excellent example of this variety, which this walking tour around the circle and surrounding streets will explore. Learn about the history of Gates Circle itself, along with the Olmsted & Vaux park system and surrounding streets including Lafayette, Delaware, and West Delavan Avenues and Chapin Parkway. Along the way, examine the architectural styles present on both residential and commercial buildings.
This tour meets at the end of Chapin Parkway at Gates Circle. Street parking is available along Chapin Parkway or Lafayette Avenue.
- General Admission: $15
- Student Admission: $5
- Explorer Pass Holders: FREE
- Advance reservations are encouraged but not required for this tour.
- All credit card payments must be made in advance. Advance reservations with a credit card can be made online until the tour starting time. Cash or checks are accepted at the start of the tour.
- If you make an advance reservation, please print your confirmation email, or be prepared to show it on your phone.
- This tour is between ninety minutes and two hours in length.
- Building interiors are included where possible but cannot be guaranteed.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather – the tour will proceed rain or shine.
- Cameras are encouraged!