This tour showcases what makes Buffalo unique. From our beautiful Read more [...]
Event Category: Tours
Upcoming Dates:Saturday, July 21, 2018 @ 10:00 AMSaturday, August 11, 2018 @ 10:00 AM
Few neighborhoods were provided the pedigree of the ‘Parade’ area of Buffalo’s East Side: an Olmsted designed park and parade ground, and a perimeter lined with beautiful period homes, all linked to Delaware Park via the 200 foot wide Humboldt Parkway. These elements created a prestigious area that provided the new middle and upper class with their piece of the American pie.
While the latter half of the twentieth century was not kind to this area, its pride and grandeur perseveres. On this walking tour, we will promenade along the ‘Parade’ routes and discover this historic part of Buffalo.
Meet on the the front steps of the Buffalo Museum of Science at 1020 Humboldt Parkway. The front steps, no longer used as the main entrance to the Museum, face north toward Humboldt Parkway.
- General Admission: $15
- Student Admission: $5
- Explorer Pass Holders: FREE
- Advance reservations are encouraged but not required for this tour.
- All credit card payments must be made in advance. Advance reservations with a credit card can be made online until the tour starting time. Cash or checks are accepted at the start of the tour.
- If you make an advance reservation, please print your confirmation email, or be prepared to show it on your phone.
- This tour is between ninety minutes and two hours in length.
- Building interiors are included where possible but cannot be guaranteed.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather – the tour will proceed rain or shine.
- Cameras are encouraged!