This tour showcases what makes Buffalo unique. From our beautiful Read more [...]
Event Category: Tours
Upcoming Dates:Friday, September 21, 2018 @ 12:00 PMFriday, September 28, 2018 @ 12:00 PM
Buffalo’s waterfront is a rapidly evolving destination, with construction transforming the Canalside area around the foot of Main Street. As the location of the western terminus of the Erie Canal, this area of the city is where Buffalo grew from after the Canal’s opening in 1825. A bustling commercial district that thrived on Great Lakes and Erie Canal trade, this area was also well-known for its rowdy atmosphere. Join us for this one hour walking tour to learn about Buffalo’s Erie Canal history, and see the ongoing development of this waterfront area.
This tour meets at the Courtyard by Marriott Hotel at 125 Main Street (adjacent to the Erie Canal Harbor Metro Rail station). Street parking is available on some surrounding streets – street parking in downtown Buffalo is free on weekend. The closest paid private parking lot is AllPro Parking at 155 Washington Street, Buffalo, NY 14203, directly behind the Courtyard by Marriott hotel.
- General Admission: $10
- Student Admission: $5
- Explorer Pass Holders: FREE
- Advance reservations are encouraged but not required for this tour.
- All credit card payments must be made in advance. Advance reservations with a credit card can be made online until the tour starting time. Cash or checks are accepted at the start of the tour.
- If you make an advance reservation, please print your confirmation email, or be prepared to show it on your phone.
- This tour is approximately one hour in length.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather – the tour will proceed rain or shine.
- Cameras are encouraged!