The Independent Health Foundation’s 30th Annual Kids Run is a FREE, family event that will take place rain or shine on June 2nd at Delaware Park!
Online registration will open in mid-April and closes on May 17! All pre-registered participants will receive an official race number (race packets will be mailed in advance). Competitive runners, ages 6 to 18, should pre-register to:
- Receive a timing chip to get your personal race results (provided by Score This!!!).
- Be eligible for a trophy!
- Join up with friends and family and register as a team.
9 A.M.- Same area as 2017! – Colvin Green Space, at the corner of Colvin Blvd. and Amherst St., near The Buffalo Zoo service gate!
- Please plan to arrive at approximately 9 a.m. to find adequate parking.
- Limited, free parking available in the Buffalo Zoo parking lot and surrounding streets.
- Enjoy a wide variety of fun activities for kids before warm-up starts, including:
- Nickel City Reptiles and Exotics
- Buffalo Soccer Club
- Health and wellness vendors
- Wegmans tent for fun activities and face painting.
RACES – 9:30 AM
- Group warm-up
- Diaper Derby for crawling babies
- Mini-dash for children (ages 2-5)
- 1.8-mile family run/walk – one loop around Delaware Park (all ages welcome – strollers too!)
AFTER THE RACES
- FREE refreshments, snacks and award medals (while supplies last).
- Trophy presentations.
- $2 per person admission to the Buffalo Zoo for all participants who complete the race.
Trophies for the 1.8 mile run/walk:
- Ages 18 and under, first place overall boy and girl
- Ages 15 – 18, top three boys and girls
- Ages 12 – 14, top three boys and girls
- Ages 9 – 11, top three boys and girls
- Ages 6 – 8, top three boys and girls
Award medals will be given to all race participants (while supplies last).