This tour showcases what makes Buffalo unique. From our beautiful Read more [...]
Event Category: Tours
Upcoming Dates:Saturday, June 23, 2018 @ 11:00 AMSaturday, July 14, 2018 @ 11:00 AMSaturday, July 28, 2018 @ 11:00 AMSaturday, August 11, 2018 @ 11:00 AMSaturday, August 25, 2018 @ 11:00 AMSaturday, September 8, 2018 @ 11:00 AMSaturday, September 22, 2018 @ 11:00 AMSaturday, October 13, 2018 @ 11:00 AM
The Larkin District, or Larkinville, is the reborn former home of the Larkin Soap Company. In the early 1900s, the Larkin Company was one of the largest mail order companies in the country, and one of its executives, Darwin D. Martin, was responsible for bringing Frank Lloyd Wright to Buffalo. Today, the former Larkin factories and warehouses have been brought back to life and the area is bustling with activity once again. Join us to explore the Larkin Company’s past while enjoying the revitalized neighborhood. This tour includes a visit to the Larkin Gallery inside the Larkin Center of Commerce.
Meet outside Flying Bison Brewing at 840 Seneca Street, Buffalo, NY 14210, at the corner of Seneca and Lord Streets.
- General Admission: $15
- Student Admission: $5
- Explorer Pass Holders: FREE
- Advance reservations are encouraged but not required for this tour.
- All credit card payments must be made in advance. Advance reservations with a credit card can be made online until the tour starting time. Cash or checks are accepted at the start of the tour.
- If you make an advance reservation, please print your confirmation email, or be prepared to show it on your phone.
- This tour is between two and two and a half hours in length.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather – the tour will proceed rain or shine.
- Cameras are encouraged!