Event Category: Tours
Upcoming Dates:Wednesday, June 20, 2018 @ 6:00 PMSaturday, June 30, 2018 @ 10:00 AMSaturday, July 7, 2018 @ 10:00 AMWednesday, July 11, 2018 @ 6:00 PMSaturday, July 14, 2018 @ 10:00 AMWednesday, July 18, 2018 @ 6:00 PMSaturday, July 21, 2018 @ 10:00 AMSunday, July 29, 2018 @ 10:00 AM
Niagara Street was for many years one of Buffalo’s major industrial corridors. Factories located along Niagara Street produced everything from automobiles to skincare products. One of Joseph Ellicott’s original radial streets, Niagara Street runs parallel to the Niagara River, railroad tracks, and the former Erie Canal route (now the I-190 expressway) and connected the early villages of Buffalo and Black Rock. Today, many of the factories and warehouses are being converted into apartments featuring Niagara River views. On this walking tour, learn about the street’s industrial past while seeing the dramatic transformation of many of Niagara Street’s historic buildings.
Meet in the parking lot outside of Resurgence Brewing Co. at 1250 Niagara Street, Buffalo, 14213. Parking is available in the Resurgence Brewing parking lot, or street parking is available on Niagara Street.
- General Admission: $15
- Student Admission: $5
- Explorer Pass Holders: Free
- Advance reservations are encouraged but not required for this tour.
- All credit card payments must be made in advance. Advance reservations with a credit card can be made online until the tour starting time. Cash or checks are accepted at the start of the tour.
- If you make an advance reservation, please print your confirmation email, or be prepared to show it on your phone.
- This tour is between ninety minutes and two hours in length.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress for the weather – the tour will proceed rain or shine.
- Cameras are encouraged!