During your Seal Encounter, you get a behind-the-scenes look at th Read more [...]
Event Category: Things To Do
We’re bringing the timeless art of racing unmanned miniature cars to CBW!
The derby will be held in our taproom on Sunday, January 27. Participants must be 21+ and can register in one of the following four categories:
1) Division 1A: General Admission, Rule Followers
2) Division 1B: General Admission, Rule Breakers (Modified Cars)
3) Division 2A: Industry Admission, Rule Followers
4) Division 2B: Industry Admission, Rule Breakers (Modified Cars)
Admission is $5.
HOW TO SIGN UP
Registration will open on Friday, January 4. We’ll post links to register via Eventbrite.
Width — 2 3/4″
Length — 7″
Weight — Not over 5 ounces
Width between wheels — 1 3/4″
Bottom clearance between car and track — 3/8″
• Wheel bearings, washers and bushings are prohibited.
• The car shall not ride on springs.
• Only dry lubricant is permitted.
• Details, such as steering wheel and driver are permissible as long as these details do not exceed the maximum length, width and weight specifications.
• The car must be free-wheeling, with no starting devices.
• Each car must pass inspection, the owner will be informed of the reason for failure.
• After final approval, cars will not be reinspected unless the car is damaged in handling or in a race.
Participants can grab supplies from our taproom, or use their own. We’ll have a limited amount of supplies from 6 to 8pm on Thursday, January 17. Either way you’ll have until Friday, January 25 to submit your car.
It’s all going down at 520 7th Street on Buffalo’s lower west side.