give your spirit a dose of vitamins & invest in your spirit! Read more [...]
Event Category: Classes & Workshops
Always wanted to learn to use a sewing machine?
OR haven’t used one in a long while?
This is the perfect time to join us in The Foundry’s Textile Lab.
Develop a new skill and make something of your own.
This class in pillow-making is a creative exploration designed to cover the basics of sewing. In this beginner level course, participants master making a throw pillow with instructor Phillipia Glover, the owner of Marvelous Light, a custom pillow company operated out of The Foundry.
The Foundry provides the machines and materials. But if you’d like to use a specific fabric or color, please feel free to bring 1/2 yard of cotton weight woven (not stretchy) fabric. The fabric provided for this project will be a range of neutral colored natural fibers.
- Skill Level: Beginners & First-timers
Skills you’ll learn:
- Threading and setting up a sewing machine and bobbin
- Sewing Machine Operation and Problem-Solving
- Use of sewing tools (shears, seam ripper, tailor’s chalk)
- Marking, pinning, and sewing seams
- Constructing a pillow
Materials supplied by The Foundry
- Selection of cotton fabric (for pillow less than approximately 22″ x 22″ (56cm x 56cm)
- Poly material for pillow fill
Class Cost: $35 (materials fee included)
Class Size: Min 4/ Max 8
Ages: 16+ with parent permission
Our Cancellation Policy: http://www.thefoundrybuffalo.org/cancellation_policy