Children’s programming that incorporates health-related fitness co Read more [...]
BY PARTICIPATING in the Mighty Niagara Half Marathon, you will not only be supporting a good cause –Niagara Hospice – you will also enjoy a picturesque, historical course as well as:
- Pre and post-race parties
- Live bands throughout the course: before, during and even after the race
- Discounts on local hotels, restaurants, retailers and tourist attractions
- Mighty Niagara Half Marathon Dri-fit running shirt
- Custom finisher medal
- Snacks, fresh fruit, food, water, chocolate milk, and a beer tent for all runners*
- Prizes & Awards: $500 cash prize to top male and female; additional cash prizes for runner-ups; prize for the best Rock-star costume, awards for top times in your age-group
- Free parking
- Great Lakes Real Estate Race Bag Drop prior to race, finish line pick-up
- Free shuttle service following the race
Mighty Niagara Half Marathon:Starts at Artpark State Park in historic Lewiston, New York and finishes at Porter-on-the-Lake Park in Youngstown, New York. The USATF certified course offers scenic views of two historic villages, four state parks, the Lower Niagara River, Lake Ontario, Canada and the Toronto skyline!
- Hospice Dash 5K:Starts and finishes at Porter-on-the-Lake Park in Youngstown, New YorK. The USATF certified course takes runners along Lake Road and through Four Mile State Park before returning back to Porter-on-the-Lake Park.
- REGISTRATION & PACKET PICKUP
Online registration will remain open right up until the start of the race. Early packet pickup will take place at Crunch Fitnesslocated at 2429 Military Road in Niagara Falls from noon until 8pm on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday leading up to race day. Race day registration and packet pickup will take place at the starting line of both races from 7:00am right up until the start of each race. Be sure to arrive early to allow enough time for traffic and parking. We are not responsible if you arrive late and get stuck in traffic or long last minute lines.POST RACE CELEBRATION
- Join us for the best post-race celebration in Western New York! To start with, there will be live entertainment before, during, and after both the 5K and half marathon. Entertainment for 2018 is still being booked, but you can click here to see our lineup from this past year. All participants will receive a beautiful custom finisher medal after crossing the finish line and there will be plenty of great food and beverages including our own custom brewed Mighty IPA beer from the Brickyard Brewing Company in Lewiston!PARKING
There will be plenty of free parking at Artpark for the half marathon with free shuttle service back to your car after the race. Parking is also free at Porter-on-the-Lake for the Hospice Dash 5K race. Parking attendants will be on hand to guide and assist as needed to ensure a steady flow of traffic in and out of both parks.SHUTTLE SERVICE
Niagara Falls Coach Lines provides FREE shuttle service on race morning from The Sheraton at the Falls, 300 Third Street Niagara Falls, NY to Artpark. The first shuttle leaves at 7:00am and the second shuttle will depart for Artpark at 7:30am.We will continue to have shuttle service from the finish line at Porter on the Lake Park back to Artpark throughout the day. Several of the shuttle runs will continue on to Sheraton at the Falls. See our shuttle schedule for complete details.
AGE GROUPS & AWARDS
Custom trophies will be presented to the 1st place overall male and female finishers in both the 5K and half marathon and prize money will be awarded to the top three male and female participants in the half marathon ($500 for 1st place, $300 for 2nd place, and $200 for 3rd place). Custom finisher medals are provided to all runners as they cross the finish line and age group award pins will be distributed in each of the following age groups: 14 and under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29. 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75 and older.
CONTACT / INFORMATION
For additional information on the race or sponsorship opportunities available, please contact Maureen Rizzo via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 716-280-0728.