Listening to live music while soaking up the sunshine is the absolute best. Anyone else agree? Back in the day, specifically during the 19th and early 20th centuries, the Larkin District was a bustling industrial district. Fast forward to today and Larkinville is now considered one of the most hip and happening neighborhoods in the city. One of the reasons? Live music. This summer you’ll find live music in Larkinville every.single.week on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturday in and around Larkin Square.
We understand keeping track of all the talent is tricky, so we created this guide for you. You’ll find the who, what, when, and where — all in one place. Right here.
Live Music at Larkin Square
Live Music at Food Truck Tuesdays
Tuesdays from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- July 2: Alex McArthur Quintet
- July 9: Tim Britt Band
- July 16: Scott Celani Band
- July 23: Mom Said No.
- July 30: Michael DiSanto Duet
- August 6: Big J Blues
- August 13: GRAVY
- August 20: Grace Stumberg Band
- August 27: The Kensingtons
- September 3: Donny Frauenhofer Trio
- September 10: Alex McArthur Quintet
- September 17: Special Delivery (Halfway to Dyngus Day Celebration)
- October 1: Season Finale Oktoberfest Party with the Frankfurters
Live at Larkin
Wednesdays from 5 p.m.-8:30 p.m.
- July 3: Workingman’s Dead
- July 10: The Big Easy in Buffalo Presents NOLA NIGHT: CJ Chenier & the Red Hot Louisiana Band with Kidd Kyle & the Big Deal
- July 17: Universal Phunk Presents: Prince and Rick James Tribute
- July 24: John & Mary and the Valkyries with Ten Cent Howl
- July 31: First Ward with PA Line
- August 14: Curtis Lovell with special guests: Paul Robeson Theatre
- August 21: NERDS GONE WILD: with Verve Dance Studio’s Differential Flava Crew
- August 28: (Almost) Halfway to St. Patrick’s Day: McCarthyizm with Brian Higgins & The Exchange St. Band
Live Music at Hydraulic Hearth
Before the music ends in Larkin Square on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, the band starts playing in the beer garden at Hydraulic Hearth. Yes, that means you can enjoy live music well into the evening.
Tuesdays from 7 p.m.-9 p.m.
- Twilight Sessions with Eric Crittenden
Wednesdays from 8 p.m.-10 p.m.
- Jony James Band with rotating guests plus additional rotating bands, including Buffalo Brass Machine on July 10 and Soul Resurrection Trio on July 17
Fridays from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- July 5: Ronnie Davis Combo
- July 12: Blaise Mercedes & The Crew
- July 19: Irving Klaws
- July 26: Will Holton
- August 2: Grace Stumberg Band
- August 9: DJs Shane & Tone
- August 16: Sam Marabella and His Band
- August 23: Ed Croft Trio
- August 30: Freightrain
Saturdays from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- July 6: Curtis Lovell
- July 13: DJ Rasta Spock
- July 20: TBA
- July 27: Beu
- August 3: The Cool Jazz Quartet
- August 10: Shaky Stage
- August 17: DJ Sike
- August 24: Tyler Westcott Trio
- August 31: Saranaide