During the early days of Covid, Explore Buffalo kept us entertained and informed about the region we love by providing Walking Routes based on their tours. The hope, according to their website, is that these tours “provide some interest and variety for your walking routine.”
“Each Walking Route includes architectural and historical points of interest, and is approximately 1.5-2 miles in length, or approximately 3,000-4,000 steps,” Explore Buffalo explains.
On Explore Buffalo’s website, you’ll find walking tours for the areas listed below, complete with a PDF download featuring a map, overview, and pre-planned stops with notes about each one:
- Canalside’s Inner Harbor Highlights Walking Route
- Elmwood Village Victorians Walking Route
- Historic Homes of Allentown Walking Route
- Hertel Avenue History Walking Route
- South Buffalo Walking Route
- Best of Buffalo Downtown Walking Route
To stay up to date on new walking routes that are added, sign up for Explore Buffalo’s email newsletter.
This article was originally published in April 2020 and has been updated.