Updated: November 2018
There are not 1 but *2* Chik-fil-A restaurants heading to WNY – Cheektowaga specifically. Once opened, Cheektowaga will the be the only municipality in New York State to have 2 locations.
As of early November 2018, Chik-fil-A has begun hiring employees for the Walden Ave location (you can see a large “now hiring” banner hanging outside), and they’re looking to fill 120 full and part-time positions. Crews are working on putting the finishing touches on the Walden Ave location, and once open Chick-fil-A will be open from 6:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. A “Premiere Night” is set to take place in late November per the owner of the Walden Ave Chik-fil-A, presumably for the media to preview the new location before it opens to the general public.
Here’s what we know according to WGRZ.com:
Updates as of September 2018:
- Chick-fil-A spokesperson Jackie Jags says construction has already begun on the Cheektowaga location
- They’re anticipating an opening sometime during winter 2018
- According to Jags, Chick-fil-A is planning to “start the development next week”
- The address is 1753 Walden Avenue in Cheektowaga which they claim is “right across the street from Walden Galleria”. It’s actually across the street from the Target plaza, practically next door to Chipotle near the corner of Walden Ave. and Galleria Dr.
- They’re hoping to open during the 4th quarter of 2018.
- According to The Buffalo News, the second WNY location will be in front of Wegmans on Transit Road/Losson where an old gas station once was
- The second location will be 5,000-square-foot location, which will be located on a 1.22-acre outparcel
- Construction on the second location is set to begin early 2019
Stay tuned for more updates as they’re announced.