Who says Healthy Options has to be that boring old salad? The Healthy Options program was created by the Independent Health Foundation to help educate and show the community all the unique and tasty options that healthy has to offer!
You’ve probably heard about a little thing called Food Truck Tuesdays. For those of you who aren’t familiar (LOL) here’s what it’s all about.
FTT is a weekly food truck festival (Apr 11 – Oct 3) that rounds up dozens of food trucks every. single. Tuesday. for three hours of feasting. Cuisines vary from Mexican and Thai to American, Italian, Hawaiian, Barbecue, and more. Like, a lot more.
Some trucks stay focused on one thing – like cheesecake or pierogi. Others run all over the place with fun twists on different dishes, mixing cuisines like it’s their job (cuz it actually is) and coming up with something delicious to serve to the hungry, hungry Buffalonians.
If, like us, you are a huge foodie / Buffalover and want nothing more than to experience the madness (read: greatness) our city has to offer in the form of food and events, BUT you’re also simultaneously on trying to keep your beach bod lookin’ good, keep reading. The Independent Health Foundation Program, Healthy Options, is teaming up with tons of trucks this season to make sure that you have what you need in terms of, healthy options at FTT!
To find each truck’s Healthy Option at Food Truck Tuesday, just look for this sticker ^ on each food truck’s menu. You can even visit healthyoptions.com to get the full nutritional breakdown of each item including calories, total fat, sodium, and more. #themoreyaknow
Here are 7 trucks and their stellar healthy options to look for next Tuesday:
- The Salad Bar – stay tuned for this new truck’s Healthy Options menu!
- Thai Me Up – Fresh Summer Roll (90 calories) & Pad Thai (390 calories)
- The Cheesecake Guy – Lemony Fresh Bites (80 calories)
- Ru’s Pierogis – 3 Pulled Pork Pierogi & Citrus Asian Slaw (330 calories)
- Sweet Melody’s – Frozen Greek Yogurt (no blueberry sauce, 120 calories), Strawberry Watermelon Sorbet (110 calories)
- You Crack Me Up – Popeye Omelette (190 calories), Veg it Out Omelette (190 calories)
- Eat Greek – Sonny’s Landing – Greek Chicken Bowl (560 calories), Greek Steak Bowl (540 calories)
- Cruisin’ Crepes – The Springtime (450 calories), The Mediterranean (400 calories)
Plus, there are tons more participating trucks to choose from at healthyoptionsbuffalo.com as well as more info on Healthy Options and their involvement with Food Truck Tuesday!