Winter was a long one this year, and you probably were glued to the front of the TV binging Netflix. #noshame Luckily our beautiful Queen City has gifted *hundreds* free outdoor fitness classes!(!!) With so many options there’s something for everyone, and there’s even classes that cater to the whole family – including kids 🙂
So go on, Buffalo. Enjoy an amazing view, take in every second of our summer warmth, and workout for ~free~. And don’t forget that nice big bottle of frosty cold water – because hydration is key.
Did we miss a class? Want yours added? Have an insider tip? Email us at email@example.com
Walk, bike, run, and explore
Whether you’re a walker, a runner, a biker, or all 3 – WNY has something to make you happy
- Niagara Square Walks: The Buffalo wellness committee hosts walks every Tuesday now into September. Walks take off from the steps at City Hall, aka get you some education about our city and cardio all at the same damn time.
- Goat Island Waterfall Walks: Fridays in July and August at Niagara Falls State Park. For registration and more info call 716-549-1050.
- Reflective First Sunday Walks: Every first Sunday from July to November starting at 10:45 a.m. Meet at Hoyt Lake, Delaware Park.
- Slow Roll Buffalo: Pull out yer bikes! Slow Roll Buffalo is a bike group that meets every Monday evening from early May to late October and explores a different Buffalo neighbor hood each ride. Go feel the fresh air whip through your hair all while getting to know some of Buffalo’s most interesting and historical neighborhoods. More info: slowrollbuffalo.org
Fitness in the parks
Hosted by Independent Health, Fitness in the Parks is comprised of nearly *500* 60-minute classes taught by YMCA certified instructors across 23 parks in the WNY area from now until August 25th. Bonus: there’s free parking at each event AND no registration required.
Buffalo locations include:
- Bidwell Park: PiYo Saturdays @ 10 a.m.
- Buffalo Riverworks: Freestyle Barre Wednesdays @ 5:30 p.m.
- Deleware Park: Yoga on Sundays @ 10 a.m.
- Larkin Square: BollyX Mondays @ 5:30 p.m. & Cardio Kickboxing Thursdays @ 5:30 p.m.
- Outer Harbor: Zumba Tuesdays @ 6 p.m. & PiYo Thursdays, 6 p.m.
- William-Emslie Family YMCA: Cardio Dance Fridays @ 5:15 p.m.
For more info + class schedules at all 23 parks visit: independenthealth.com/IntheCommunity/Programs/FitnessintheParks/Schedule
The Outer Harbor is the perfect place to get your fitness on with the added bonus of having some of the most breathtaking views of the city.
Wednesdays: Every Wednesday Love in Motion Yoga @ 6:30-7:30 p.m. & Barre Centric @ 8-9 a.m.
Friday August 3rd: Pound with Alicia @ 6-7 p.m.
- June 30th- Sweat 716 @ 8-9 a.m.
- July 7th- YMCA @ 8-9 a.m.
- July 21st- Fitness 19 @ 8-9 a.m.
- July 28th- YMCA @ 8-9 a.m.
- August 4th- Love in Motion Yoga @ 9-10 a.m.
- August 11th- Barre Centric @ 8-9 a.m.
- August 18th- Fitness 19 @ 8-9 a.m.
- September 1st- Revolution Buffalo @ 8-9 a.m.
More info: outerharborbuffalo.com/fitness-classes
The Albright Knox is an iconic Buffalo location, and now you can workout here! There’s tons of different organizations taking advantage of this gorgeous space and giving us a one-of-a-kind workout experience. For more info on the Albright-Knox fitness series: albrightknox.org/events/wellness-classes
November Project: The November project hosts a weekly fitness class every Wednesday starting at 6:10 a.m. sharp on the front stairs of the art gallery. Come to recharge your senses and clear your mind, ALL YEAR ROUND – snow or shine. More info: november-project.com/buffalo-ny
Gentle Yoga: Tuesdays July 17th- December 18th @ 3-4 p.m.
Power Yoga: Thursday October 18th @ 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Meditation: Thursday August 16th & December 20th @ 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Kenmore Farmers Market
Every Sunday from June to October (weather permitting), the Kenmore Farmers Market does a two-fer with locally grown produce morning yoga.
Yoga- Yoga by Veda Yoga @ 9 a.m. every Sunday Morning.
Wanna dance your morning away? This series is for you. Perk alert! Fresh fruit and cold water are provided for participants.
La’Movement: Lala from La’Movement leads a dance fitness class every Saturday morning @ 10 a.m. from June 30th to September 1st at the foot of the Martin Luther King Statue in MLK Park.
Canalside has a wide range of fitness classes…so you might not be able to chose just one weekly class to attend. Grab everyone you know and bring them here for a great summer work out with a great view, and then stay for a prime view of the sunset after. Classes go from now – early September.
Sundays: Crunchfitness @ 11:30-12:30 p.m.
Mondays: Gentle (chair & mat) Yoga @ 12-1 p.m. / Uncensored Fitness-Core de Force @ 5-6 p.m. / Rev Fit with Revolution Buff @ 6-7 p.m. / Kids Get Moving Sow Fit @ 6-8 p.m. / Jada Blitz Boot Camp @ 7-8 p.m. / Barre Centric Fitness @ 7-8 p.m.
Tuesdays: Silver Sneaker Boom @ 10:15-11:15 a.m.
Wednesdays: Impact Yoga for Kids @ 5:15-6:15 p.m. / Niyama Yoga for Kids @ 5:15-6:15 p.m. / Cardio Kids 6-7 p.m. / Zumba 6-7 p.m. / Catalyst Body Attack 7-8 p.m.
Saturdays: **select Saturdays** Peak Performance x Fitness 19 @ 10-11 a.m.
More info: canalsidebuffalo.com/things-to-do