Good things come to those who wait.
For the loyal patrons of Flying Bison Brewing Company, the long wait to visit their brand new home ends this weekend when they welcome the general public to rejoice in the start of a new chapter in the local brewery’s history.
A grand opening celebration will take place this Saturday, November 8 beginning at noon and continuing until 4pm at 840 Seneca Street in the City of Buffalo’s Larkin District, a party that will allow patrons to enjoy live musical entertainment, delicious food and of course all of our favorite Flying Bison Brewing Company beers.
With millions of dollars invested into the new facility and an increase in the number of employees, Flying Bison Brewing Company’s economic impact on Western New York cannot be ignored, with Saturday’s celebration of the 12,500-square-foot brewery and company headquarters something that Tim Herzog, Flying Bison’s founder and general manager, has been planning for the past few months.
The Seneca Street property is located in the heart of the Larkin District and replaces Flying Bison’s original home on Ontario Street, where they operated since 2000. The new building provides more space that allows Flying Bison to increase its output and showcases an incredible indoor beer garden and tasting room that will be used as part of the tours that will regularly take place at the brewery.
With plans to produce well over 15,000 barrels of beers on an annual basis and increase their business by shipping their produce outside of Western New York, downtown Buffalo will serve as the home base for a business that hopes to continue expanding in the years ahead.
Flying Bison’s retail shop on Ontario Street has been closed since late July, but this weekend ends the wait for die-hard fans who have anxiously awaited the final stages of construction for the new facility.
Here’s a quick look at what you can expect if you attend the grand opening ceremony:
- Admission cost will be just $5 and will include one free drink
- Festivities will take place under a giant party tent in Flying Bison’s side parking lot
- Food will be available from Lloyd’s Taco Truck and Black Market Food Truck, two of the most popular and highly regards food trucks based in Western New York
- Live German music will be performed throughout the day by “The Frankfurters”
- After enjoying your free beer, every beverage you purchase after that will help to benefit “GObike Buffalo,” the outstanding volunteer organization that works to create healthy, environmentally sustainable, community friendly transportation options throughout the City of Buffalo
- Opening festivities will begin at noon with the “rolling out of the first barrel” ceremony that will be witnessed by the neighborhood Franciscan friars, who will then offer a blessing to properly welcome the new building into existence.
- Extra parking will be available in the parking lot locally diagonally across Seneca Street, with bicyclists encouraged to ride their bikes to the event and park them at dedicated bicycle racks.
- Staff will be unable to fill growlers and kegs this Saturday but retail service hours are scheduled to begin on Tuesday, November 11.
For more information about Flyer Bison Brewing Company, visit flyingbisonbrewing.com, check them out on Facebook or call (716) 873-1557.