Stuart Fuchs is a Western New York musician, internationally celebrated for playing gypsy jazz on guitars, ukuleles and didjeridoos. (If you’re not sure about that last one, try googling, “aboriginal instrument”).
Stu has toured & performed extensively around the world—most notably with his award-winning gypsy jazz band, Babik, which was featured on Public Radio International’s “The World”. He has studied improvisation with Grammy-Winning Cellist/Composer David Darling and is certified as a Music for People instructor, presenting his Awakening the Creative Soul program at Yoga Centers across the U.S., Costa Rica, Bermuda and Thailand.
When not spanning the globe, this talented music man collaborates with an array of local artists from aspiring students to the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra. Stu also shares his musical talents as an Artist-in-Residence at Roswell Park Cancer Institute, believing in the healing nature of music for patients, families and hospital staff.
Stu loves to spread joy through spontaneous (and scheduled) acts of musical kindness. If you have ever encountered a smiling ukulele player performing a spontaneous serenade at an airport gate or peaceful refrains in a doctor’s waiting room, more than likely…you know Stu!.
stufuchs.com | facebook.com/stuart.fuchs
Hear Stu’s piece, Assanhado in our Laura Anhalt video, here:
Other SOB Featured Musicians
- Guitarist Alyn Syms, Black Market Food Truck Video
MORE FROM STEP OUT BUFFALO
- Top 10 Best Places For Chicken Wings With Family
- 10 Things we LOVE in Buffalo
- 7Uber-Chocolaty Beers
- Buffalo Gets a Wine Truck – Sorta
- 28 Days of Pizza
SOB FEATURED RESTAURANTS
- Dina’s in Ellicottville: Too Good to be True? | Review
- Escape to Russell’s & Salvatore’s Grand Hotel | Review
- Dinosaur Bar-B-Que – Worth the Wait? | Feature
- Siena: Too Good Not to Notice | Review
- SATO Spans the Culinary Spectrum | Feature
- The Phoenix – An American Tavern in Black Rock | Review