A bicycle lifestyle boutique opened its doors and joined the local shopping community in East Aurora last month. Kickstand Crafts is new on the block and already impressing.
Before opening on Main Street, they were all about that e-commerce life, which makes a lot of sense if you ask us. [Read: we like shopping from our beds.] Major success led them to expand to a storefront.
Online and in-store you’ll find handmade bicycle-themed just about anything. The best part? Everything is made by talented artists and makers with their own story. Upcycling for the win!
This local business gives back to the bicycle community, too. And you know, we just love to see local businesses supporting other local businesses. A portion of sales is donated to Slow Roll Buffalo, GoBike Buffalo, and Bike MS.
What will you find at Kickstand Crafts? In short, all things awesome! Bike enthusiasts AND wannabe bikers, this shop is for you. The only problem: where to begin!
- Upcycled Goods- Bike parts are super useful if you’re super crafty. You’ll find bowls, candlesticks, and bottle openers made from gears and chains; belts made from bike tires; bags and jewelry made from inner tubes; and so much more.
- Handmade Pottery Mugs- Gift ‘em or keep ‘em. Think you have too many mugs? When they are beautiful handcrafted ceramic mugs there’s no such thing. This is a one-of-a-kind gift anyone will love to bring home or to work.
- Practical Stuff- You know, things you might actually need when going for a bike ride. Think bags, helmets, baskets for the front of your ride, kickstands, bells, grips, locks, the list goes on.
- Funky T’s- Every cycler needs a stack of trendy tees. Dinosaur + bike = genius tee. These tees come in bright colors and with all sorts of images, mostly animals biking. Yeah, you need one.
- Handmade Leather Goods- You can’t go wrong with handmade leather. Flasks, bags, journals, luggage tags, and more all look better in leather that’s US made.
- Dining- Every food photo deserves Insta-worthy tableware. It’s a fact. And these screen-printed plates, bowls, and cups are everything your feed needs.
FYI- These are just some customer and staff faves. If we listed everything in the shop, we’d be writing all day. Instead, visit our friends at Kickstand Crafts and share your favorite products with us.
P.S. Save the date: Saturday, April 14 from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. for the grand opening event.
Address: 650 1/2 Main St., East Aurora, NY 10452
Phone: (716) 249-2453
Directions: Take Main St. to Church St. Turn left into the parking lot. Located next to Paws in the Pantry
Parked on Main? They’re behind the EA Chamber of Commerce at the end of the alley