Aquarium of NiagaraAddress
701 Whirlpool St.
Niagara Falls, NY 14301
The Aquarium of Niagara Falls opened as a privately owned corporation on June 12, 1965. Founded by a small group of chemists and scientists to introduce an artificial seawater, the Aquarium of Niagara Falls quickly became a model for the operation of inland aquaria. Technology was applied for the first time on a large scale in the preparation, handling and management of synthetic seawater.
Perhaps as important, the Aquarium was established as an institution for education and recreation. Constructed in an area with both high visitation and historical dependency on the natural resources of the Great Lakes, the Aquarium served students, scientists and visitors from throughout the region. Community support was strong; the innovative inland aquarium won acceptance and forged a bond with the region’s population that continues today.
Upcoming Events at Aquarium of Niagara
- Behind the Scenes Tour - Tuesday Jun. 20, 2017 - Monday Sep. 04, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Meet a Seal - Tuesday Jun. 20, 2017 - Monday Sep. 04, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- Public Touch Tank - Tuesday Jun. 20, 2017 - Monday Sep. 04, 2017 @ 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm
- Humboldt Penguin Encounter - Saturday Jul. 01, 2017 - Monday Sep. 04, 2017 @ 1:30 pm
- Friday Night Lights at the Aquarium of Niagara - Friday Jul. 28, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Friday Night Lights at the Aquarium of Niagara - Friday Aug. 25, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm