Planning a fun, original date is always a little nerve-wracking. Going out at night? Grabbing dinner and seeing a movie is a pretty safe bet. But what about during the day?
When people think about day date locations around Buffalo, they usually gravitate towards the Elmwood Village or downtown. There’s nothing wrong with that, of course, but if you’re looking to shake things up a bit, we can’t recommend the Village of Hamburg enough. With all of the best things about Buffalo— great food, drinks, and local businesses— plus a charming, small-town vibe to go with it, the Village of Hamburg is the perfect spot to take your date, whether you’re just getting to know each other or have been together for years.
Use our guide below to plan out your perfect day date in Hamburg, and be sure to check out the rest of our day date guides for ideas in the future!
What better way to start the day than fueling up with some coffee? (And probably a sweet treat or two, because who are we kidding?)
A great benefit to making one of Hamburg’s adorable coffee shops stop number one on your date is the fact that you can spend as much or as little time there as you want. Pop in quick and take your drinks to go, or spend some time chatting and getting to know each other over a delicious latte or cup of coffee.
Whatever you decide, you’ve got plenty of awesome spots to choose from:
- The Grange Community Kitchen | 22 Main Street
- Sweet Pea Bakery | 1 Buffalo Street
- Comfort Zone Cafe | 17 Main Street
- SPoT Coffee | 12 Main Street
Stroll from Shop to Shop
One of the best things about the Village of Hamburg is how incredibly walkable it is. Take a stroll down Main or Buffalo Street and you’ll find some of the cutest local shops the Southtowns has to offer— perfect for casual window shopping and easy conversation.
A few of our favorite Hamburg shops include:
- Turn the Page Used Bookstore | 79 Main Street
- Lodgical Country Store | 1 Buffalo Street
- T. Boutique | 18 Buffalo Street
- Blue Rooster | 180 Buffalo Street
- Nickel City Designs | 278 Buffalo Street / temporarily closed until Sept. 3
- Molly + Kate | 35 Main Street
Kick Back with a Cold One
Time to finish off the afternoon by treating yourself to a beer, glass of wine, mocktail, or whatever beverage you might be into! Hamburg has a surprising amount of bars, breweries, and wineries, even if it’s not technically on a wine trail of any kind. What’s even better: some of these spots also serve food for dine-in and takeout if you and your date are hungry enough to grab lunch or an early dinner!
When you’re in the mood for afternoon drinks (with or without food!) in Hamburg, here’s where you need to go:
- Hamburg Brewing Company | 6553 Boston State Road
- Fattey Beer | 284 Buffalo Street
- Pellicano Vineyard Hamburg Winery | 6736 Boston State Road / closed Mondays & Tuesdays
- Ten Thousand Vines Winery | 8 S Buffalo Street / closed Mondays