The Meadow Café will be opening a on a regular basis this weekend, after a slight false start last week due to permit issues. (Stay up to date using their Facebook page.) This seasonal spot makes use of the facility that formerly housed The Juicery in Delaware Park, located where Meadow Rd. runs into Meadow Dr. off Nottingham.
Their Facebook page states, “The Meadow Cafe is an outdoor sandwich shop and juice bar in the middle of the historic and beautiful Delaware Park, Buffalo New York”. Adding much more excitement than that casual description is the collaboration of local talent behind the project- Mark Goldman (Black Rock Kitchen & Bar, Allen Street Hardware Cafe), Angelo Ashker (Ashker’s), Steve Halpern, Dan McCormick (Santora’s Pizza) and architect Charlie Gordon.
The space has been seriously spruced up, and pergolas added. Perhaps the perfect “picnic” spot for a summer afternoon, or any other time/season?
What can you find to eat and drink?
Smoothies [$3.99] – nine listed on their menu like Peach Passion – peach, banana, mango, orange; Strawberry Banana, Mango Madness, Raspberry Rush;
Juices [$3.99]- nine on menu, like Upbeat (beet, apple, carrot, celery), Zinger (carrot, apple, lemon, ginger, orange)
Salads [$7.50] four on the menu like:
- The Delaware – mixed greens, fresh mozzarella, sliced tomatoes, basil, red onions, roasted red peppers.
- The Riverside – mixed greens, provolone cheese, tomatoes, Kalamata olives, red onions, cucumbers, sliced hard-boiled egg – with your choice of turkey, ham, or salami.
Gourmet Sandwich $7.50- eight listed and served on a baguette with their housemaid vinaigrette dressing recommended (mayo and mustard available) like:
- The Bidwell – ham, salami, capicola, provolone, roasted red pepper, red onion, cornichons, arugula.
- McKinley – tuna sliced hard-boiled egg, tomato, red onion, cucumber, cornichons, greenleaf.
- The Red Jacket – sliced hard-boiled egg, tomato, cucumber, red onion, cornichons, greenleaf.
- The Lincoln fresh mozzarella, roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts, red onion, cornichons, basil leaf.
The Meadow Cafe plans to remain open into October.
The Meadow Cafe Details:
Hours: Mon – Sun: 9:00 am – 8:00 pm
Want Buffalo Restaurants, Events & Things to Do Weekly?
Subscribe to our newsletter!
LATEST FEATURED RESTAURANTS
[display-posts category=”featured” posts_per_page=”5″ include_date=”true” order=”DESC” orderby=”date”]
SEE ALL FEATURED RESTAURANTS SORTED ALPHABETICALLY
[display-posts category=”features,beer,artciles,aroundwny,cityguide,for-kids, fooddrink” posts_per_page=”8″ include_date=”true”order=”DESC” orderby=”date”]
More Hot Events in WNY >>