Mercado Revolution – Quick Update
If you’re wondering what’s going on with Mercado Revolution, here’s a quick update. On Friday, Mercado’s Kickstarter campaign fell short of their original $150,000 goal. At the time of the deadline they had raised almost $90,000 thanks to western New Yorkers and supporters from around the world who desperately wish to see a Mercado in the Buffalo area. The thing is, because they did not reach the FULL total, they receive none of the money raised through that campaign. If you were one of their generous supporters, you were not charged the amount you pledged on Kickstarter and never will be. This means you won’t be attending that wonderful Beverage Class either. UNLESS! Unless you decide to back Mercado again.
After failing to reach their original goal Mercado hurried over to Indiegogo.com to start a new, shorter, “more modest” campaign. They may have transferred their efforts, but the same DOES NOT go for the money you originally pledged to Mercado on Kickstarter. Again – your original pledge is not transferred over to Indiegogo. Therefore, it is imperative that you visit their new campaign on Indiegogo.com, check out their revised video (they included one of our quotes!), and pledge your hard earned money to this revolution once again (or for the first time). It takes a minute tops and it will be worth it. This time, the money you pledge will automatically go towards the Mercado project whether they meet their new goal of $70,000 or not, plus there are still great backer rewards to choose from. Sounds great to me. You?
- Mercado Kickstarter Campaign goal of $150,000 was not met.
- If you backed Mercado on Kickstarter, you were NOT charged.
- On Friday, Mercado was set back to square one.
- Saturday Morning, they started a new campaign on Indiegogo.com.
- Your pledge was not/could not be transferred to the new campaign.
- Therefore, they need you to repledge, here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/mercado-western-ny-s-artisanal-food-market
- The new campaign ends on April 16, 2014 at 12pm.
- If you did not pledge the first time around, you have another chance to get in on the action!
For updates on the best things to eat, drink & do in WNY, sign up for our newsletter!
You might also like…