We have such good food news for you fam. Prima Oliva is officially all moved into their new space on Buffalo Street in the Village of Hamburg, just a couple storefronts down from their original spot. They’ve completely renovated the former Juicy Burger Bar space (which also recently moved, taking over the corner spot at Staub Square after outgrowing their original space). Half cafe, half olive oil shop, the space suits them well and is ridiculously warm and inviting. It gives off a Grange-esque vibe TBH. Which, obviously, we love.
The menu consists mostly of salads, grain bowls, and acai bowls, with a few other features here and there including breakfast all day, soups, and even a couple “meals to share” – whatever that means. Oh and there are six cold-pressed juice options to choose from, none of which incorporate spinach which is a tad perplexing if you ask me. Nonetheless, everything – and I mean everything we tried on our recent visit was absolutely fantastic. From the atmosphere to the friendly service, menu/concept, and food, the place is a home run.
The fresh ingredients are a huge part of what we love here. See them all laid out front and center at the front of the cafe. And then there’s the not-so-secret sauce AKA dressings, made with Prima’s own Olive Oil. BRILLIANT. These guys know what they’re doing when it comes to dressing a salad. They’re really that good. Like, make you want to tell everyone you know good. These salads are a dream and I haven’t stopped thinking about mine since the last bite.
Frankly, I could see this thing flourishing and taking off across the country. The menu is everything and the food hits all the right notes in terms of healthful eating while still delightfully satisfying. It’s accessible-healthy (vs. Kortney Kardashian-make-you-want-to-throw-up-healthy.) 😉
- Grape, Avocado & Arugula Signature Salad – arugula, spinach, red grapes, avocado, goat cheese, roasted walnuts, red onions, grape tomatoes, and sweet basil vinaigrette, $10
- Sausage & Potato Roast with Arugula – arugula, potatoes, shallots, locally made chicken sausage, Prima’s herb mix, and lemon chia dressing, $10.50
- Southwestern Chicken & Wild Rice Grain Bowl – wild rice, avocado, grape tomatoes, black beans, corn, chicken, crispy roasted chickpeas, sour cream, jalapeno cilantro lime dressing, $10.75
- Build Your Own Salad – spinach, quinoa, pickled red onions, Brussel sprouts, roasted beets, kalamata olives, grapes, roasted chickpeas, and sweet basil vinaigrette, $8 + goat cheese (a premium topping, $0.50)
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup – $4.50
- Sweet Green Cold Pressed Juice – pineapple, cucumber, green apple, mint, $6
- Immune Booster Cold Pressed Juice – orange, carrot, pineapple, turmeric, $6
We loved them all and couldn’t pick a favorite – just depends what you’re in the mood for. The menu also features a Build Your Own Salad option for $8 with a s#$%ton of base and topping options and premium toppings available for an up charge.
Guessing your next question is….. is it worth the price? The answer is yes. Just go. Now.
Prima Oliva Store & Cafe
1 Buffalo St, Hamburg, NY 14075
Opening Hours: Monday – Friday: 9AM – 8PM, Sunday: Closed