It all started when Reddit User “Nailsinthecityyx” asked: “What are some of the best spots to eat in Buffalo that aren’t well known?”
His post continued:
“I’m sure it’s been discussed before, but I didn’t see anything recent.
China Town Cuisine (Delaware Rd) has THE BEST chicken fried rice I’ve ever had! It was real white meat chicken, the veggies were tender… it’s chefs kiss! The egg rolls and crabmeat rangoon were also delicious! It’s a small, hole-in-the-wall restaurant that you might not think twice about, but the food is outstanding!
Niagara Deli and Pizzaria (Niagara St) has great food at great prices! Where else will you get a BUCKET OF WINGS for $26.99?!?! And they’re incredible! I’ve had their subs and sandwiches too, and they were super tasty as well. I haven’t had the pizza, so I can’t comment on that. But the staff is also really great; super friendly, amazing customer service! 5/5 for sure!
Where else can we find great food?”
The comments soon flooded with great intel and tons of hidden gems, as well as well-known favorites.
Here’s a few great places that users mentioned:
- Home Taste – 3106 Delaware Ave, Buffalo, NY 14217
- Mayback’s Deli – 1598 Niagara Falls Blvd, Tonawanda, NY 14150
- Niagara Cafe – 525 Niagara St, Buffalo, NY 14201
- Ziggy’s Tacos – 3975 Main St, Buffalo, NY 14226
- Island Mix Restaurant – 883 Jefferson Ave, Buffalo, NY 14204
- Fred’s Pizza – 6505 Campbell Blvd, Lockport, NY 14094
- TSG BBQ – 6272 Seneca St, Elma, NY 14059
- Al Mandy halal – 797 Broadway, Buffalo, NY 14212
- Lancaster’s Broadway Deli – 5430 Broadway, Lancaster, NY 14086
- Chester’s Cajun Grill – 301 Cleveland Dr, Buffalo, NY 14215
- Chin Hills – 2756 Elmwood Ave, Kenmore, NY 14217