The secret to happiness? Follow these 3 rules.
Rule #1: Life is short. Eat tacos.
Rule #2: Life is short. Never say no to bottomless mimosas.*
*Rule #3: If you say no to mimosas, always say yes to bloody marys.
The real bottom line here (yes, we’re already at the bottom line, you’re welcome), is Tacos are always a good idea, especially when they are breakfast tacos. If you’re breakfast taco obsessed, add Deep South Taco to your brunching bucket list. Because IOO (in our opinion) this menu has hangover-killing food written all over it.
Deep South Taco is a southern style taqueria and bar with soon-to-be 3 locations in Western New York, including Ellicott St and Hertel Ave, with Transit Road coming soon. The menu is inspired by authentic Mexican food and complemented by exceptional tequilas and local and world beers.
Breakfast tacos are the obvious choice here, but why limit yourself to one entrée? Here’s a few more options worth noting on this menu:
- Churro French Toast- Tequila for breakfast? Yes please. Okay, technically it’s banana–tequila sauce, but it still counts. Add on cinnamon whipped cream top and this sounds like French toast heaven to us.
- Cornmeal Pancakes– All about agave? These pancakes are topped with agave marinated berries and vanilla whipped cream. That sounds divine.
- Mexi Hash- This hash is a meat lover’s dream – chorizo, short rib, carnitas, oh my! Plus, golden potatoes, poblanos, cotija, and fried egg chili emulsion. In other words, everything we could ask for a savory start to the morning.
Plus, it’s no secret we are bloody mary obsessed. So naturally, we’re all about adding these to the list of must-haves on your next DST brunch adventure, I mean DST won Most Creative Bloody Mary and Best Garnished Bloody Mary at Step Out Buffalo’s 2017 Buffalo Bloody Mary Fest. Basically, you can’t go wrong here.
- House Bloody Mary or Maria- Keep it simple with this house favorite. You pick Deep Eddy or El Jimador Blanco, and they do the rest.
- Buffalo Traditional Bloody Mary– Does it get much more Buffalo than Frank’s Red Hot? This Bloody has Deep Eddy, horseradish, hot sauce, and kummleweck rum.
- DST Mexican Bloody- This Bloody has a splash of spice. El Jimador Blanco + Mexican Spiced Bloody Mix = dreams come true.
Brunch is happening every Saturday and Sunday at both the downtown Buffalo and North Buffalo locations. Rumor has it there’s a third location opening on Transit.
With 3 places to get your morning taco fix/hair of the dog, there’s always a reason to brunch so hard.
Deep South Taco
291 Ellicott Street, downtown Buffalo
1707 Hertel Avenue, North Buffalo
6727 Transit Road near Wehrle in Lancaster (Opening Soon)