Yes, a lot has been cancelled and changed in 2020, from Christmas in the Country and Fall Makers + Shakers: Boozy Artisan Market to Black Friday as we know it and Christmas Tree Lighting Celebrations. And while we’re super bummed about it, we’re looking on the bright side to the many many things that aren’t cancelled – holiday edition!
Friendly reminder to please continue to follow proper social distancing guidelines, wear a mask when social distancing isn’t possible, and make sure to check in with any and all businesses before visiting to learn about their new hours, service adjustments, and up-to-date health and safety protocols.
Think we’re missing one? Email us at email@example.com!
@stepoutbuffaloWatch for the address / follow for part 2, new song. 🎄 #buffalo #buffalony #stepoutbuffalo #christmas #christmaslights #christmaslightsdisplay♬ original sound – Step Out Buffalo
1. Drive around to see the best decorated houses – check out our guide here!
2. Do your holiday shopping locally using our 2020 Gift Guide and Step Out Buffalo’s Shop by Neighborhood Guides
3. Eat, drink, and be merry on these heated patios (due to covid some availability may have changed)
4. Visit Vidler’s 5 & 10
5. Grab a Hot Chocolate Bomb (or 2) from The Sweet Whisk
@stepoutbuffaloFrom hot chocolate bombs to bon bons, The Sweet Whisk has it all. #buffalo #dessert #716 #wny #supportlocal #buffalony #sweets #hotchocolatebombs #yum♬ Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) (Remastered) – Eurythmics & Annie Lennox & Dave Stewart
6. Get a Tom and Jerry at one of these bars and restaurants
7. Enjoy the Festival of Lights at the Hamburg Fairgrounds
8. Try a DIY take-home cookie decorating kits – check out our guide here!
9. Take a holiday-themed class at Buffalo & Erie County Botanical Gardens (due to covid some availability may have changed)
10. Grab poinsettias, wreaths, and Christmas Trees from a local greenhouse
11. Shop locally-owned shops online – check out our guide here!
12. Head to a Elm Street Holiday Market Weekend Pop-up in East Aurora
13. Visit the Totally Buffalo Pop-up Store (happening instead of their annual holiday market)
14. Holiday-themed makers classes at Musejar
15. Order a charcuterie spread for a holiday get together
16. Track down these awesome local spots to get hot chocolate
@stepoutbuffaloDrop your favorite WNY brewery in the comments. #buffalo #beer #holidaybeer #christmas #christmasbeer #achristmasstory #brewery #breweries♬ High Fashion (feat. Mustard) – Roddy Ricch
17. Grab a holiday-themed beer brewed by a WNY brewery – check out our guide here!
18. Go ice skating – (due to covid some availability may have changed)
19. Support the Western New York community by volunteering – check out our guide here!
20. Shop our locally-owned Etsy Shop Guide
21. Visit the Poinsettia & Railway Exhibit at Buffalo & Erie County Botanical Gardens (due to covid some availability may have changed)
22. Check out Coco’s outdoor Crepe Chalet
@stepoutbuffalo📍 Coco Bar & Bistro, Main Street Buffalo NY. Follow @stepoutbuffalo for more 716 Tiktok! #buffalo #holiday #hiddengem #716 #buffalove #newyork #wny♬ Sleigh Ride – Tori Kelly
23. Take a virtual cooking class with Thyme-N-Honey
24. Take a road trip on one of your days off to one of these charming NYS towns perfect for a weekend getaway
@stepoutbuffaloSmall town getaways in New York! #buffalo #corningmuseum #hudsonny #ithacawaterfall #ithacany #getaway #smalltown #cooperstown
♬ Dreams (2004 Remaster) – Fleetwood Mac
25. Enjoy the Friends Of Knox Farm Virtual Holiday Shopping Extravaganza
26. Visit the Holiday Market at Genesee Country Village & Museum (due to covid some availability may have changed)
27. Experience the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra virtually with JoAnn’s Classical Christmas on December 15 and John Morris Russell’s Holiday Pops on December 22
28. Support local artists, charities and Step Out Buffalo by purchasing our limited edition Step Out Buffalo x Artists merch of the month
29. Grab local specialty foods to level up your spread at the new Buffalo Artisan Food Traders all-local food market.
@stepoutbuffaloThe perfect place to shop for the holidays! 📍 4558 N Bailey, Buffalo. #buffalo #holidayshopping #buylocal #supportsmallbiz #wny #716 #buffalony #shop♬ Elevator Music – Bohoman
Are we missing one? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!