Yes, a lot has been cancelled and changed in 2020, from Christmas in the Country and Fall Makers + Shakers: Boozy Artisan Market to Black Friday as we know it and Christmas Tree Lighting Celebrations. And while we’re super bummed about it, we’re looking on the bright side to the many many things that aren’t cancelled – holiday edition!
Friendly reminder to please continue to follow proper social distancing guidelines, wear a mask when social distancing isn’t possible, and make sure to check in with any and all businesses before visiting to learn about their new hours, service adjustments, and up-to-date health and safety protocols.
Think we’re missing one? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Drive around to see the best decorated houses – stay tuned for our guide!
- Do your holiday shopping locally using Step Out Buffalo’s Shop by Neighborhood Guides
- Eat, drink, and be merry on these heated patios
- Visit Vidler’s 5 & 10
- Grab a Hot Chocolate Bomb (or 2) from The Sweet Whisk
- Get a Tom and Jerry at one of these bars and restaurants
- Enjoy the Festival of Lights at the Hamburg Fairgrounds
- Try a DIY take-home cookie decorating kits – stay tuned for our guide!
- Hear live music at local restaurants and venues
- Take a holiday-themed class at Buffalo & Erie County Botanical Gardens
Grab poinsettias, wreaths, and Christmas Trees from a local greenhouse
- Head to a Elm Street Holiday Market Weekend Pop-up in East Aurora
- Visit the Totally Buffalo Pop-up Store (happening instead of their annual holiday market)
- Meet up with friends and family at one of these Essential New Restaurants to Try
- Go curling
- Holiday-themed makers classes at Musejar
- Dine inside an Igloo at Tappo
- Experience Christmas In The Country At Home Live
- Order a charcuterie spread for a holiday get together
- Track down these awesome local spots to get hot chocolate
- Grab a holiday-themed beer brewed by a WNY brewery – stay tuned for our guide!
- Go ice skating
- Support the Western New York community by volunteering – ’tis the season!
- Join in the 125th Annual Turkey Trot virtually
- Visit the Poinsettia & Railway Exhibit at Buffalo & Erie County Botanical Gardens
- Take a road trip on one of your days off to one of these charming NYS towns perfect for a weekend getaway
- Enjoy the Friends Of Knox Farm Virtual Holiday Shopping Extravaganza
- Visit the Holiday Market at Genesee Country Village & Museum
- Celebrate Cranksgiving to benefit Hostel Buffalo-Niagara
- Experience the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra virtually with JoAnn’s Classical Christmas on December 15 and John Morris Russell’s Holiday Pops on December 22
- Support local artists, charities and Step Out Buffalo by purchasing our limited edition Step Out Buffalo x Artists merch of the month
Are we missing one? Email us at email@example.com!