We’re looking on the bright side to the many many things that aren’t cancelled this year and are back for the 2021 holiday season!
Here’s everything you should get on your holiday bucket list this season in Buffalo and Western New York.
1. Experience dining in an igloo outside in the snowy weather at a local restaurant
2. Do your holiday shopping locally using our 2021 Holiday Gift Guide and Step Out Buffalo’s Shop by Neighborhood Guides
3. Try a DIY take-home cookie decorating kits – check out our guide here!
4. Visit Vidler’s 5 & 10
5. Grab a Hot Chocolate Bomb (or 2) from one of these local chocolatiers
6. Get a Tom and Jerry at one of these bars and restaurants
7. Enjoy the Festival of Lights at the Hamburg Fairgrounds or one of the other few light shows happening around town.
8. Eat, drink, and be merry on these heated patios
9. Take a holiday-themed class at one of these many spots around town
10. Grab poinsettias, wreaths, and Christmas Trees from a local greenhouse
11. Shop for holiday decor at these adorable locally-owned shops
12. Head to The Christkindlmarkt At Hofbrauhaus Buffalo, a Traditional German Christmas Market
13. Head out for a family friendly holiday event like breakfast with santa
14. Hit a holiday vendor market – check out our guide here!
15. Order a charcuterie spread for a holiday get together
16. Track down delicious hot chocolate at these local cafes and restaurants around WNY
17. Grab a holiday-themed beer brewed by a WNY brewery
18. Go ice skating
19. Support the Western New York community by volunteering
20. Shop our locally-owned Etsy Shop Guide
21. Visit the Poinsettia & Railway Exhibit at Buffalo & Erie County Botanical Gardens (due to covid some availability may have changed)
22. Check out Coco’s outdoor Crepe Chalet
23. Enjoy a holiday Santa-themed train ride experience
24. Take a road trip on one of your days off to one of these charming NYS towns perfect for a weekend getaway
25. Cut down your own tree at these nearby u-cut Christmas tree farms
26. Visit the zoo lights at the Buffalo Zoo, open until Jan 2nd
27. Experience the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra with JoAnn’s Classical Christmas at Kleinhans Music Hall
28. Grab local specialty foods to level up your spread at the new Buffalo Artisan Food Traders all-local food market.
29. Drive around to see the best decorated houses in town!