UPDATE: Due to the Lake Effect Snow Storm over the weekend, the entry deadline is EXTENDED to Nov 28th. (Photo submissions are due by Dec 5th and judging will occur Dec 7th– 31st. )
Do you live for decorating your home during the holidays? You’ve come to the right place to spread the holiday spirit this season!
You’re invited to enter your decorated home in the City of Lights Holiday House Contest hosted by Step Out Buffalo and Fairgrounds Festival of Lights! Entering this *free* contest gives you the chance to share your festive decor with the community, win prizes powered by National Grid, and earn bragging rights for the best decked house in WNY.
Holiday home submissions will be added to Step Out Buffalo’s Annual City Of Lights Holiday House Guide featuring an interactive map of the best decorated homes across WNY. Western New Yorkers will visit and vote on their favorite from Dec 7- Dec 31, 2022. We will then crown a City of Lights Holiday House winner!
Registration Dates: Now-November 28th
- Homes will be judged on creativity, use of lights/decorations and overall appearance.
- Your house will only be judged on the light and decorations that the community can see from the road in front of your hose. They will not leave their vehicle to walk around.
- The general public will be asked to visit and vote on their favorite houses from Dec. 7 – Dec. 31. A winner will be selected and crowned following the voting.
- Use of Energy efficient lights are strongly recommended.
- There will be 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners. All winners will receive a Google Nest Speaker. In addition, 1st place will receive $200, Second Place $100, Third Place $50.
- All entrants will be added to the official City of Lights Holiday Houses Guide on StepOutBuffalo.com along with a photo and your address which will be public. The WNY community will be encouraged to visit your display and vote on their favorite!
- Photo (minimum of 700×450 pixel – smartphone is all you need!) and a 25 second vertical video submission will be required at a later date.
Complete the form below. Your registration will be reviewed by staff. After review, you will be asked to submit a photo and video of your decorated house by Dec 5th.