It’s fair szn. The fair trains have officially rolled into the Village of Hamburg, and setup has begun. The 2019 Erie County Fair will run from Wednesday, August 7 (Preview Night) – Sunday, August 18. For your convenience, here’s a map of the grounds. For the standard info you might be trying to find about the fair, look no further! We’ve compiled the ultimate guide to everything you need to know about the fair below from ecfair.org.
Dates & Place
Where: Erie County Fair Grounds, 5600 McKinley Parkway, Hamburg, New York 14075, 716-649-3900
When: Wednesday, August 7 – Sunday, August 18, 2019
Gate Admission & Hours
Seniors (60+): $9.00
Children 12 & under are FREE every day!
- 12:00pm-10:00pm August 7, 2019
- 9:00am-10:00pm August 8-18, 2019
- 10:00am – 10:00pm
- (Open 12:00pm-10:00pm on August 7)
- (Open 12:00pm-11:00pm on August 7)
Gates open at 12 Noon
FREE Admission with a 2 canned food donation to the Food Bank of WNY!
OR $5 admission into the FairFirefighters Day • Friday, August 9
FREE admission for Firefighters and Auxiliary members with proper IDVeterans Day • Sunday, August 11
FREE Admission for Veterans, Active Military and Auxiliary members with proper IDChannel 7 • Tuesday, August 13
Channel 4 Day • Thursday, August 15
Early Morning Admission – Weekdays
$7 Admission before 11:00am every weekday (Monday through Friday)
Student Special • Everyday
$7 Admission for students after 5:00pm, with proper student ID
Pricing is for all lots attached to The Fairgrounds. There are accessible spots in each lot, however, only gates 2, 4, 4A and 5 have wheelchair and scooter rentals available by Scootaround.
Passenger Cars, SUVs & Personal Mini Vans
$5.00 – Everyday (August 7-18, 2019)
15 Passenger Vans
*Passenger vans and buses are not eligible for discount parking
Special Days & Events
Flag Retreat Ceremony
Beginning August 7th at 6:30pm and continuing each evening during the 12-day run of the Fair, a flag retreat ceremony will be held at Slade Park presented by Made In America stores. To nominate a veteran or active member of the military to be named “Flag Retreat Honoree of the Day,” the public is being asked to complete a nomination form available at any Made in America Store location, at the Fairground’s Main Office or by clicking the nominate button below. Those chosen must be available to attend one of the Flag Retreat Ceremonies between August 7-18 at 6:30pm.
FIREFIGHTERS DAY ~ Friday, August 9
Join us as we celebrate the brave men and women!
Free admission to the Fair for all Firefighters and Auxiliary Members with proper ID.
Schedule of Events
- 3:00pm Memorial Service – Firemen’s Building
- 6:30pm Firefighters Parade – GUSTO Grandstand
VETERANS DAY ~ Sunday, August 11
Join us for our Veterans’ Day Celebration at the Erie County Fair
Free admission to the Fair for all Veterans, Active Military and Auxiliary Members with proper ID.
Schedule of Events
- 10:00am Catholic Mass – Family Entertainment Complex
- 11:30am Veterans Recognition Ceremony – Veterans Park (Infield)
- 1:00pm Veterans Parade – Track, lineup begins at 12:30pm
Gusto Grandstand Schedule
Check out the full schedule here.
- Darci Lynne & Friends Fresh Out Of The Box – Aug 07, 2019 @ 7:30 PM
- Foghat – Aug 08, 2019 @ 8:00 PM
- Firefighter’s Parade – Aug 09, 2019 @ 6:30 PM
- The PettyBreakers – Aug 09, 2019 @ 8:30 PM
- Gabriel “Fluffy” Iglesias – Aug 10, 2019 @ 8:00 PM
- North American Drone Masters Race – Aug 11, 2019 @ 7:00 PM
- Kane Brown – Aug 12, 2019 @ 8:00 PM
- FreestyleMX.com – Aug 13, 2019 @ 7:00 PM
- Happy Together Tour – Aug 14, 2019 @ 7:30 PM
- Diamond Rio – Aug 15, 2019 @ 8:00 PM
- The Australian Pink Floyd Show – Aug 16, 2019 @ 8:00 PM
- Ultimate Night of Destruction – Aug 17, 2019 @ 7:00 PM
- World’s Largest Demolition Derby Afternoon Show – Aug 18, 2019 @ 1:00 PM
- World’s Largest Demolition Derby Evening Show – Aug 18, 2019 @ 6:00 PM
Schedule of Events
Looking for special events happening at the fair? Find the full schedule here.
Competitions are a big part of the Erie County Fair experience. From livestock competitions to a flower show, home wine, and woodcarving and more, there are a lot of these going on. Find the full list here.
If you don’t get excited for fair food, you’re lying. On top of just going ham (there was a corn stand with several different corn toppings last year that has been calling my name since last August), there are some other seriously legit ways you can experience fair food:
- New Food Showdown – The Erie County Fair is THE place to try some wild and crazy foods! Throughout the years the Fair has served up some innovative culinary concoctions and 2019 will be no different. We will look to you to vote for your favorite! Click here to see who is competing in the 2019 New Food Showdown!
- Taste of the Fair • Monday, August 12 – Back by popular demand, the Fair will host the Taste of the Fair. In 2019, select vendors will be offering an item for just $2.00. This is a great opportunity to try out foods you have always wanted to- or eat a whole bunch of the food you already know you love! Check back to see what tasty options you will have to try in 2019.
- Erie County Fair Beer – A German Leichtbier brewed by John Crossett of North Tonawanda, Brian Milleville of Sanborn and Mark Zambron of West Seneca took top honors in the 2019 Home Brew Competition
- Food Coupons – There are many ways to save at the Fair and food is no exception. Click here to download the 2019 Food Coupons.