The opportunity was there, and it was one Michelle Voit couldn’t pass up. It all started with a blank slate, and the wheels officially started turning last November when she signed the lease.
This local store owner felt a little bit of deja vu. The new location was unclaimed territory, just like the block on Elmwood was back in 2014 when they opened their first location in the Village. Fast forward almost a year later, and the second Village Designs location is open for business and it’s absolutely gorgeous.
In the local business world, brand loyalty is honored and respected. So when there’s a new location in play, that means an opportunity to bring in completely new brands and new-to-the-area brands.
The New Brands
- Sanctuary- This all-ages brand blends casual basics and on-trend looks. Think floral print bombers and cold shoulder sweaters with fits and fabrics you’ll love for years.
- Z Supply- Cute and comfy is the new sexy. Think super soft styles that are also super flattering. These essentials fit in any and every wardrobe, and they easily transition from day to night. And the price point is clutch.
- Love Token- As a Buffalonian, building a fall/winter wardrobe you love is a must. Transiting between seasons is more fun when your outerwear is adorable af. This brand is slaying with the moto-inspired details and removable faux fur collars.
- Articles of Society- Show of hands, who love jeans shopping? Finding just the right fit can be quite the challenge. The beauty of owning denim by Articles of Society is you’ll have a favorite pair in your closet for years. Less than $70 gets you a pair of these super soft beauties.
- H.E. Rossi- Cute hats make winter weather a little more bearable. Add a fur pom pom to your favorite, and you’ll be excited for the next snowstorm.
- SOIA & KYO- Stylish and fitted and cozy — oh my! This brand is everything outerwear should be. Skip the checkout at big brand retailers this year, and convert to team S&K. Layering up is more fun when you #shoplocal.
- Cosmic Lotus Jewelry- Every piece is made by hand by jewelry designer and Reiki master Nikki Benatovich. The different gemstones, crystals, and beads are each uniquely beautiful. If you are looking for one-of-a-kind jewelry to add to your personal collection, you’re in luck!
Village Designs on Transit Road officially opened its doors on Oct. 7, 2017. Time to get after it, WNY!
6449 Transit Rd., East Amherst, NY
Hours: Sunday 12 p.m.-4 p.m. and Monday-Saturday: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.