Bistro in the Square is Hamburg’s newest eatery. The square, as Hamburgers know, is Staub Square at the circle (Buffalo and Main Sts.). Opened by the same “Team” as Buffalo Street Grill and Buffalo Sports Bar, they are offering a unique spectrum of dining options – breakfast foods, sandwiches and small plates. All of which go oddly well with their tempting selection of cocktails, wines and beers. Situated in the center of the village, I suspect trips to the post office just got longer and more frequent. Breakfast all day is the message you need to remember, served with hash browns, cheddar grits or fruit cup and toast.- but not just your standard ham & eggs…and not just breakfast. For the adventurous how about:
- Bunch Wrap – sausage or bacon, jalapeno and cheese on a flour tortilla $5.99.
- Breakfast Burrito- egg, tomato, jalapeno and cheese on a flour tortilla when a side of pico de gallo $5.99
- The Veggie- scrambled egg, spinach, avocado, and cheddar on a bagel – $5.99
- The Breakfast Stack – egg, bacon, tomato and spinach with maple aioli – $6.99
More in the traditional breakfast fare column you’ll find: Eggs Benedict ($7.99), Sausage and biscuits ($7.99), Corned beef hash- house made ($6.99, Savory buttermilk pancakes ($5.99), Cinnamon crunch French toast ($5.90), eggs and omelets. You’re not in the mood for breakfast food? Not to worry. Bistro in the Square has all sorts of goodies to keep your interest. Salads – five to choose from ranging in price $8.99 to $11.99 including Cobb salad, Seafood salad, Classic Waldorf salad, Poached Pear salad and Julianne salad. Sandwiches and wraps:
- Roundabout Ruben- house corn beef, sauerkraut, thousand Island dressing, melted Swiss on Rye $8.99.
- Tomato and mozzarella Panini – basil spread, baby arugula, Panini bread $8.99.
- The Sully Cristo – cinnamon swirl bread, Tavern ham, turkey Swiss, egg battered, served with syrup and raspberry preserves $8.99.
- Hummus Wrap – house humus, peppers, onions, tomatoes, avocado, alpha sprouts and romaine on whole wheat wrap $6.99.
Under fun and creative evening bites check out:
- Bacon Wrapped Scallops and Water Chestnuts served with sweet teriyaki $11.99.
- Mushroom and Parm. risotto with fresh parsley $5.99.
- Potato pancakes stuffed with truffle cabbage with sour cream and applesauce $7.99. Crispy chicken skewers served with honey ranch $6.99.
- Deviled eggs and pulled pork garnished with arugula $6.99.
- International cheese board (preparation changes daily) $11.99.
A nice selection of wine, beer in the bottle and on tap adds to the spirited atmosphere. I’d be remiss if I didn’t tell you about the mixology end of the spectrum. Of course the Bistro has a full bar, but they’ve taken the time to create a nice list of cocktails to whet your appetite: Classic Manhattan, Algonquin, Blinker, Dandy, Rye sour, Champagne Cocktail, Mimosa, Vodka Martini, Breakfast Martini, Cosmopolitan, Gimlet, Screwdriver, The Bistro Bloody Mary, Moscow Mule (complete with the copper mug – a must try). Check out the photos below for a full description of each. Bistro in the Square is another fine addition to Hamburg’s growing list of “let’s have some fun with our food” restaurants. Check it out for yourself. On top of everything else they offer a great spot to people watch.
1 Buffalo Street, Hamburg NY 14075
Want Buffalo Restaurants, Events & Things to Do Weekly?
Subscribe to our newsletter!
LATEST FEATURED RESTAURANTS
[display-posts category=”featured” posts_per_page=”5″ include_date=”true” order=”DESC” orderby=”date”]
SEE ALL FEATURED RESTAURANTS SORTED ALPHABETICALLY
[display-posts category=”features,beer,artciles,aroundwny,cityguide,for-kids” posts_per_page=”8″ include_date=”true”order=”DESC” orderby=”date”]
Watch SOB Videos
The Garage Deli: Deliciously Eclectic House of Anhalt, Laura : Homemade
King of the Black Market: BMFT Epicurean Delights: Martin Cooks
It’s always a fun weekend in Williamsville – complete with German food, beers & music, local restaurants, patios & a tent on Island Park. Read more [...] Please join us as we carry on our tradition of helping worthy causes by indulging in our love of quality beer from some of the world's best breweries. 50+ breweries from across the globe will be in attendance and proudly pouring some of the finest craft beer available Read more [...] Join us for “Fall” Zoo Brew. We will kick off to the fall season with happy hour at the Zoo on Friday, September 21 Read more [...]
It’s always a fun weekend in Williamsville – complete with German food, beers & music, local restaurants, patios & a tent on Island Park. Read more [...]
Please join us as we carry on our tradition of helping worthy causes by indulging in our love of quality beer from some of the world's best breweries. 50+ breweries from across the globe will be in attendance and proudly pouring some of the finest craft beer available Read more [...]
Join us for “Fall” Zoo Brew. We will kick off to the fall season with happy hour at the Zoo on Friday, September 21 Read more [...]