Great news – Buffalo-born company City Dining Cards launches their new, free online app today! If you’ve used a deck of City Dining Cards before, you know the company does a great job of finding some of the best local restaurants in several cities to offer fantastic discounts. But gone are the days of paying $20 for a deck that you may or may not accidentally leave at home. Enter the City Dining Cards App.
Here’s why you should download it immediately:
The new City Dining Cards App is completely free. What’s the catch? There is no catch. I repeat, THERE IS NO CATCH. Search, download (iPhones only for now), log in and start saving at some of the best (seriously) restaurants in town.
When we say some of the best places in town are included in this app, we mean business. We’re talking Vera Pizzeria, Hydraulic Hearth, Daniels, Carmelo’s, Fat Bob’s Smokehouse, Jaguar at the Bistro, Ristorante Lombardo, Lake Effect Ice Cream, and more. Really, there’s more!
Upon downloading the app you’ll find a total of 50 restaurant cards with redeemable discounts waiting for you. Plus, the app offers 2 “wild cards” that you can expect to change every 90 days. At the time of the Buffalo app launch wild cards include a free bagel at BreadHive and a free pour over coffee at Public espresso + coffee. We know, stunningly good.
How it Works
Wondering what you’ll have to do / what you’ll have to give up / how much you’ll have to pay / who you’ll have to kill to redeem a discount using this app? There will be none of that. Like we said, there’s no catch. Here’s how it works:
- Download the app to your phone
- Sign in/up & pick a city (Buffalo or Baltimore for now)
- Once you’re at the participating restaurant of your choice, click “SAVE $5” to save $5 on a $20 or more purchase or click “SAVE $10” to save ten bucks on a $40 or more purchase. (Redeemable on food purchases only.) It’s that simple, friends.
- Show the card to your server and click redeem.
- Not only are you saving on your meal right then and there, every time you use a card you earn a chip. And trust me, you want those chips. Once you earn 12 chips you get a $20 gift certificate redeemable at any of the featured restaurants. Kind of unbelievable, right?
- Oh, and after 90 days, you’re free to redeem a used card again! The gift that keeps on giving.
It’s Cute & Easy to Use
The app isn’t just saving you money at some awesome restaurants (instead of semi-lame restaurants you don’t actually want to go to, but do anyways because they’re offering a discount). The easy to use and super helpful app offers information on restaurants like cuisine, address, neighborhood, hours, directions, and links to phone numbers and websites. Use the “nearby” tab to find restaurants near you offering these great deals. What more could you ask for?
Take it on the Road
In addition to Buffalo and Baltimore, the City Dining Cards team is hard at work making the app available in a bunch more cities as we speak. Think Toronto, Rochester, Boston, Philly and Syracuse. Can you imagine how useful this tiny little app on your phone will be when you’re on the road looking for a good list of restaurants to tackle without breakin’ the bank. We’re thrilled. Can you tell?
For more information on the new and improved City Dining Cards product, visit their website and follow them on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
DOWNLOAD THE APP NOW >>
For updates on the best things to eat, drink & do in WNY, sign up for our newsletter!
You might also like…